About the Position
We are seeking applications for a part-time Training Specialist with experience or expertise in children’s residential care to join the Institute for Quality Children’s Services (IQCS) Team. Information about the IQCS can be found here. This position is for five years with the possibility of an extended contract. Roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Training children’s residential care providers who are part of the Provider Clinical & Program Support Heightened Monitoring (PCPSHM) Initiative
- Providing technical assistance to children’s residential care providers on the application of practices that are consistent with Quality Standards for Out-of-Home Care. Information about the Quality Standards can be found
- Develop trainings on specific quality domains and practices that are part of the Quality Standards Framework
- Develop training curriculum and modules for in-person training and virtual learning platforms
Other responsibilities include leading and assisting with other training projects, presenting at local or national conferences, hosting webinars, and engaging in public relations activities.
This position is remote eligible.
Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and prior training or supervision experience. This position requires a strong working knowledge of children’s residential care programs. Therefore, prior experience either working in children’s residential care or training residential care providers or staff are also required. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required for this position. The ability to exercise independent judgment, to work collaboratively in teams, and demonstrate attention to detail are essential.
Although not required for the position, preference will be given to applicants with a graduate degree in social work or related field, experience with curriculum development, online learning platforms, and/or pedagogy for training child services professionals.
Applicants are encouraged to review the IQCS website and familiarize themselves with the Quality Standards. The IQCS team will train selected applicants on the Quality Standards and provide mentoring and a train-the-trainer educational experience in preparation for training and TA.
How to Apply
We will accept applications until the position is filled. Applicants are required to submit an application to Florida State University Human Resources at https://jobs.fsu.edu job opening ID #56902. In addition, the following documents are required:
- Cover Letter
- Resume highlighting relevant experience
- Contact details for 2-3 additional academic or professional references
- If applicable, Confirmation of Eligibility
Contact Dr. Shamra Boel-Studt at
email@example.com with any questions.